Galloway & MacLeod
The business is located in the centre of Stonehouse, 5 minutes West of Junction 8, M74. On their 4 acre site they have Offices, Storage, Feed Mill, Distribution Depot, Feed Superstore and Vehicle Workshop. Vehicle access and parking are not restricted allowing members of the public to access the feed superstore.
The business is now in it’s third century of continuous service to the rural community being established in 1872, and then formed as a Limited company in 1923. Over this time the company has been part of enormous changes in the agricultural industry. In its time the company has always been at the forefront of new developments, particularly in the areas of animal nutrition. Today Galloway & Macleod continue to constantly review all their products and maintain a pipeline of innovative feed development seeking to continually maximize the quality and value for money of the products and services provided thus ensuring customers receive clear and definable advantages.
Now an employee owned company,its values are demonstrated by the commitment of their employees to go the extra mile in pursuit of customer satisfaction. Each employee has a vested interest in ensuring Galloway & MacLeod continues to grow and remain at the forefront of the markets they serve.
Quality has been paramount for Galloway & Macleod and all its operations are Quality Assured: ISO 9001, Investor in People, Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS), Fertiliser Industry Assurance Scheme (FIAS), British Agrochemicals Supply Industry Scheme (BASIS) and QMS Scottish Quality Assured Feeds.
The company currently employ 34 staff who are trained to provide a competent service in the area of their employ.
On 1st December 2010 the business transferred from family ownership to employee ownership. The new structure enables all employees to be shareholders therefore providing an added stimulus and passion to perform.
Originally a water-mill with an internal ‘overshoot’ waterwheel. The mill was refurbished in 1950’s a Baron grinder and a seed dressing plant installed. In 1960’s the main business of the mill was seed cleaning and dressing also ground oat screenings sold to midland compounders. Cander Mill was sold for development in 1970’s and demolished in 1980’s. Today the site remains vacant.
Cander Mill house remains was MacLeod family home and is currently occupied by Robert & Margaret Ferguson & Family.
Galloway & Macleods have their own website which can be accessed via the following web address